The iconic IKEA Philippines is set to open on November 25th, which is great news for furniture and interior design enthusiasts!
For those who are curious, IKEA is a multinational business based in the Netherlands that produces and distributes ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances, and home furnishings, among other items and services. IKEA, founded by 17-year-old Ingvar Kamprad in 1943 in Sweden, has been the world’s largest furniture store since 2008.
According to their page, IKEA is named by the founder Ingvar Kamprad’s initials, Elmtaryd, the farm where he grew up, and Agunnaryd, the neighboring village. Sadly, Ingvar Kamprad had died at the age of 91, but his legacy lives on and is now showcased here, in the Philippines!
Although walk-ins are not accepted at the Pasay City Branch, there is a way for you to visit them personally despite the covid restrictions…
…which is by booking a schedule here!
To avoid the long queues and crowds, secure a spot at the much-anticipated Swedish furniture store’s launch in the Philippines by booking an online reservation for your IKEA Philippines visit in the following steps:
- Go to their official booking website linked here.
- Pick a date for your desired visit
- And then pick your desired time from the Morning, Afternoon, and Evening schedules, some may be full or reserved for PWDs and the likes so kindly check for other available slots.
- Once you’ve picked your desired schedule, click Book your visit here.
- There may be a series more of questions to appear after this, so do complete it honestly.
- Then, as shown in the image below, a confirmation pop-up similar to this would appear.
Here are some tips and tricks to make your experience hassle and stress-free:
- Choose a time that is most convenient for you, but arrive on time because they can only wait 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment.
- You would need to download the StaySafe app, which will be used for contact tracing.
- Only fully vaccinated adults will be permitted to dine at the IKEA restaurant, while unvaccinated children are only allowed to enter if accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- It does not indicate how much time one can spend browsing about the store, but only a certain number of individuals are allowed inside at any given timeslot.
Be sure to book your schedules quickly and see you there on November 25! Keep safe and Shop away!