The Honor Magic 5 Pro is a new addition to the Android flagship market that is garnering attention with its impressive specs and unique design. We will take a closer look at the phone’s design and build, display, camera, performance, and battery life to see how it performs in real-world use.
- Design and Build: The Honor Magic 5 Pro features a dual-glass design with a matte finish that reduces fingerprints. It has a symmetrical design with a bold camera design on the back panel that may divide opinion.
- Display: The phone features a large 6.81-inch LTPO OLED display with a quad-curve design and a smart refresh rate of up to 120Hz. It’s incredibly bright and detailed with a peak HDR brightness of 1800 nits.
- Camera: The Honor Magic 5 Pro boasts a quad-camera setup with a 50-megapixel primary sensor, a 64-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, a 13-megapixel periscope zoom lens, and a 3D time-of-flight sensor. The camera takes great photos in good light, but low-light performance could be better.
- Performance: It is powered by the Kirin 990 5G chipset with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It runs on Magic UI 4.0, which is based on Android 10 and can be a bit heavy-handed with the bloatware.
- Battery Life: The phone has a 4,000mAh battery that delivers decent battery life and supports 40W wired charging and 27W wireless charging. It also supports reverse wireless charging to charge other devices.
The Honor Magic 5 Pro is a solid flagship smartphone that offers impressive specs and a striking design. Its display is one of the best on the market, and its camera is capable of taking great photos. Its performance is solid, but the software can be a bit heavy-handed. Battery life is decent, but not outstanding. Overall, It is a great alternative to the other Android flagships on the market, and it’s definitely worth considering if you’re in the market for a new phone.