The first multilingual financial inclusion mobile app in the Philippines in TagLish and Cebuano, RCBC DiskarTech, was released way back at July 1, 2020. RCBC DiskarTech takes pride in offering users a seamless end-to-end customer journey through its one-stop shop feature.
The 6.5 percent annual interest users can earn in their digital savings accounts without having to make an initial deposit, maintain a minimum balance, or pay dormancy fees is its most alluring draw. The mass market, the majority of whom are still unbanked or underserved, has been encouraged by this key feature to use RCBC DiskarTech to surf the “digital wave.”
It has earned numerous accolades on a global scale, including consecutive victories for the best financial inclusion app at The Asian Banker’s Financial Technology Innovations Awards.
How can I make an account?
It’s very simple to create an account! You can create an account if you’re at least 18 years old, a Filipino, and a non-US citizen.
To make one, simply follow the steps stated below:
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Swipe up to create an account after launching the app.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Specify your username or nickname.
- If you have a NegosyanTech referral code, enter it.
- You will also be asked to enter your mobile number and wait for the OTP.
- Create a 4-digit passcode after that.
- To sign in quickly, you can activate your biometrics.
You have to verify your account first to be able to use it. Verification is a requirement by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas to establish the identity of whoever wants to make transactions in banks and financial institutions.
Make sure you are aware of the following before moving on to verification:
- Be ready with a primary or secondary ID from the list of RCBC DiskarTech-accepted IDs, which is located at the end of this article.
- Get ready for a selfie by taking off any hats or glasses before taking a video selfie.
LET’S NOW VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT
Verifying your account
- You will receive reminders to get your IDs ready before verification.
- You will be asked if you have a Beneficiary Reference Number (BRN) or DiskarTech Reference Code (DRC), which indicates whether you are a member of one of RCBC Diskartech’s partner institutions.
- You will be asked if you are a Filipino citizen or resident of the US for eligibility.
- Check if you have relationships with Politically-Exposed Persons (PEP)
- Enter your ID number and the agency or institution where you received your BRN or DRC here.
- As you enter your personal information, double-check that it matches the information on your prepared ID.
- The list of accepted IDs will be displayed.
- Input your ID’s details.
- Make sure your ID is visible and clear when you scan it with the camera on your phone.
- Snap a video selfie of yourself.
- Wait for the verification to complete.
- Voila, your DiskarTech account has been fully verified!
What kinds of IDs are accepted?
DiskarTech was a pioneer by being the first to accept 18 IDs. Here are the following Primary and Secondary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- National ID
- UMID ID
- SSS ID
- Postal ID (issued 2016 onwards)
- PRC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID)
- Seaman’s book
- Firearm’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Quezon City ID
- School ID
- Government Services and Insurance System (GSIS) e-card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Philhealth Card
- PWD ID Card
- Company ID
- Government Office ID
Just keep in mind that even if you provided a Secondary ID, you will still be prompted to provide a Primary ID in order to convert your restricted account to a full account, which will enable you to use all of the app’s features.
Just a friendly reminder that after opening the restricted account, you will need to follow up your Primary ID within one year.
Restricted accounts provide deposit and transfer from other banks (up to a balance limit of PHP 5,000), as well as the ability to buy load/ePins, pay bills, and make purchases for telemedicine.
You can look at their website here about Registration and Verification if you have any additional inquiries about setting up a DIskarTech account: https://diskartech.ph/faqs/?fbclid=IwAR3j0ZUtapo3AJtG2pNZcGY-4XRk3XOxNnt7t1mM08-W1Z5qGDcbA-TwpQQ