The streets of Manila are going back to its infamous state of having daily heavy traffic as pandemic regulations are starting to loosen and get lifted. Sure, seeing how we are going back to normal little by little is a relief but I’m sure nobody misses the 3-hour long and stuck in traffic daily trips from home to work or school and vice versa.
To address this problem, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) extends its shuttle service for the Pasig River Ferry Service. MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos said that the ferry service is one of the solutions to the problems in public transportation. You can go around Metro Manila faster and experience sightseeing during travel, for free!
The ferry rides enroute at:
- DOWNSTREAM: Pinagbuhatan to Escolta
- UPSTREAM: Escolta to Pinagbuhatan
The ferry stations are open from Monday to Saturday There are a total of 13 stations around Metro Manila.
- San Joaquin
- Kalawaan sa Pasig
- Valenzuela sa Makati
- Hulo sa Mandaluyong
- Escolta sa Maynila
Before boarding the rides, there are service guidelines that are implemented.
- Present a valid identification card.
- No face mask, no entry.
- Passengers must at least be 12 years old and above.
- Passengers must undergo a temperature check and fill up manifest and commuter information sheets before boarding.
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times
- No eating, no talking, and no phone calls.
You can view the Pasig River Ferry Service trip schedules here.